To establish the geographic direction of a website in Google and Bing
With the present services in the cloud and the geographic delocalisation of the services of lodging Web, the authors of websites have tools to determine the geographic direction. Some factors exist that help to determine what is the geographic direction of a page, but the result could not be indicated. In order to know how to come it is necessary to differentiate the geographic direction clearly, because a website in Spanish with content destined to Spain and Latin America is not the same, that the webpage of a local business without interest in other countries.
Author: Emilio C.S.
- On the geographic direction with the tools for webmasters of Google
- To add a website to Tools for webmasters of Google
- How to establish the geographic direction in Google
- How to establish the geographic direction in Bing
Geographic direction with the tools for webmasters of Google
If your website uses a generic top-level domain (for example, .com, .net or .org) and orients users of a concrete geographic location, you can provide to Google information that helps to determine how it appears your site in the results search.
The sites with codes of country as top-level domain (for example, .es) are already associate to a geographic region (in this case, Spain). In this case, you will not be able to specify a geographic location.
If not specific no information in the Tools for webmasters of Google, Google will be based essentially on the domain of country of the site (.es, .de, etc.). If an international domain has been used (.com, .net, .org, .eu, etc.), it will be based will base on several aspects, including direction IP, the information of location of the page, the connections with the page and any excellent information of Google Places.
If you change of supplier of lodging of a domain of country (.es, .de, etc.), it must not have any problem. If you change of a supplier of lodging of an international domain to a supplier of another country, he is recommendable that you use the Tools for webmasters of Google to indicate the country to which your site is due to associate.
The tool manages the geographic data, not them regarding the language. If you orient your site to users of different locations (for example, a site in Spanish that you want that the users of Spain, Argentina read and Mexico), we did not recommend to you that you use this tool to establish Spain as geographic direction. A good example that indicates the utility of this type of direction is the case of the website of a restaurant: if the establishment is in Spain, it is probable that it does not interest the users of Mexico. Nevertheless, if the content of your website is written in Spanish and is of interest for different countries or regions, probably you would not have to limit it.
To add a website to Tools for webmasters of Google
- Identify to you in Tools for webmasters of Google
- Beam click in the right button To add a site.
- In the new window it introduces the URL of a site that you want to administer and you click in Continuing.
- Googlereferenciapersonal.html unloads this file HTML of verification
- The file raises your http://www.tunombrededominio.com/ website
- It confirms that you have correctly raised it through the http://www.tunombrededominio.com/googlereferenciapersonal.html page.
- Beam click in the verification button that appears next. In order to maintain the verification, you do not eliminate file HTML although the verification has been realised correctly.
How to establish the geographic direction in Google
- In the main page of Tools for webmasters of Google, you click in the site that you want to modify.
- In the menu of the left it unfolds Traffic of the search and it selects international Segmentation.
- Google uses labels hreflang to make agree the preference of language of the user with the correct variant of your pages. It verifies if in the eyelash Language appears the correct language.
- In the eyelash Country, it selects the option that you want, for example Spain. If you wish to make sure that your site is not associate to any country nor to any region, selects No at the end of lla drop-down list.
How to establish the geographic direction in BingBing establishes in its blog (How To Tell Bing Your Website ' s Country and Language) the following options.
- Through the goal lang labels HTML5 as it appears in the following example.
<! DOCTYPE html> <html lang= " be-is " > <head> <title>Ttulo</title> <meta charset= " utf-8 " > </head> <body> Contained </body> </html>
- By means of the use of a domain of country (.es, .de, etc.).
- Through the location of direction IP.