To connect to a servant cPanel by means of key SSH being used PuTTy
This tutorial describes to the process of creation of a pair of SSH keys from the Control Panel cPanel and the conversion of the key deprived to format PPK to initiate a SSH session with PuTTy. The identification by means of SSH key allows to initiate session without making use of name of user and password; it is safer and not much more difficult to implement.
Author: Emilio C.S.
Published the (updated )
- To create the SSH key
- To turn the key to format PPK of PuTTy
- To form the SSH key in PuTTy
- To accede by means of the SSH key with PuTTy
To create a SSH key in Cpanel
- SSH Access accedes to the Control Panel/Security/
- It selects To administer SSH keys
- In the new page it selects To generate a new key and it completes the form of creation of the key:
Generating one it nails public
- Name of key: id_dsa or nombredetuclave
- Password of key: a strong password
- Type of key: RSA
- Size of the key: 2048
- In order to continue it selects To generate key, if the key has been created correctly you will see the message Generation of completed key.
Generating public/private rsa key to pair.
Enter passphrase (empty for did not passphrase):
Enter same passphrase again:
Your identification you have been you know in /home/usuario/.ssh/nombredetuclave.
Your public key you have been you know in /home/usuario/.ssh/nombredetuclave.pub.
In order to return to the administration of SSH keys it selects To return.
- It selects To administer and in the new Authorize page. When authorizing the key you will see the message the key nombredetuclave.pub is had authorized. In order to return to the administration of SSH keys it selects To return, you will be able to verify that the key is authorized (authorized).
Again in the Administration of SSH keys you will be able to verify in the section Key public that your key has been created but still she is not authorized (not authorized).
To turn the key to format PPK of PuTTy
The following step is to turn the key to format PPK of Putty.
- Beam click in Seeing/unload of the section Key private. In the section of conversion to format PPK it introduces the password that you used when creating the key and selects To turn. You will see your private SSH key turned format PPK. It selects To unload key and it transfers the file nombredetuclave.ppk to a safe place between your documents.
To form the SSH key in PuTTy
In order to finalize, it forms your Putty client so that she makes use of this key.
- In the Session section it completes the Host field Yam (or IP address) with the name of your domain and in the field inferior You know Sessions introduces a name for the new configuration, for example SSH Access.
- In the Connection section/Data indicates your name of user in the field Car username (the name of user of access to your plan of lodging).
- In the section Connection/SSH/Auth you click in Browse¦ to select your key.
- In order to finalize guard the new configuration doing click on the button Knows of the Session section.
To accede by means of the SSH key with PuTTy
- In order to initiate session with Putty, it selects to the new connection My SSH connection and you click in the button Open. When initiating the session Putty will notice for the first time to you that a connection with a servant is taking place who has not been registered previously:
- Beam click in Himself to continue.
- The window of the PuTTy terminal will ask for the password to you to make use of its key nombredetuclave.ppk (for Passphrase key imported-openssh-key:), introduces the password and presses Intro. Whenever you wish to connect by SSH with PuTTy doing use of this key you will have to introduce it.
The server's host key is not cached in the registry. You have guarantee that the server is the not to computer you think it is. The server's rsa2 key fingerprint is:
If you trust this host, hit song YES to add the key to PuTTY's breaks and carry on connecting. If you want to carry on connecting just eleven, without adding the key to the breaks, hit song no. If you do not trust this host, hit song Cancel to abandon the connection.